Friday, July 31, 2009

100 Days and Counting

I can't believe that I'm getting married in 100 days! I keep saying this over and over - sometimes outloud! (sorry) Its been glorious so far - and I've promised myself not to get Stressed or Overwhelmed (which has been pretty hard) I've kept my cool believe it or not - so far! Time is just flying by.

Since I just started blogging, I want to give you a little background on this journey and how I absolutely fell in love with this WONDERFUL person!

He was (still is) my ex-boyfriend's best friend. I know I know what a way to start - and I'm sure its not a very good first impression of the story! But it was my ex-boyfriend from like 9th grade so there has been some time. And def no hard feelings. To make a long story short - my uncle passed away. He was friends with my cousins and attended the viewing. We started talking and hung out after the viewing. I know what you all must be thinking - ew this girl is crazy she is picking up a guy at a viewing of all places. But it wasn't like that I truly thought it was just a friendly get together and we were not alone others joined us!

A week or so went by and he had called a few times asking me to meet him. I did and we always had a great time. Needless to say one thing lead to another and he became my boyfriend. We've been dating for over 4 yrs (it will be 5 in November) are living together and my life has been wonderful.

An unexpected wonderful day: Here's the story of how he surprised me and asked me to be with him forever! :)

2009 started out like a fairy tale for me. My boyfriend Rick was making his debut in the 2009 Philadelphia Mummers Parade with his Happy Tappers Brigade. It was a frigid New Year's Day but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Brr! Was I thankful their brigade was one of the first to perform that day! Surrounded by friends and family, I was anxious to get closer to the street so I could get a good view and actually be able to see Rick perform. His brother Andy had said that he knew someone who could possibly get us in to the grand stands but it was iffy. We tried anyway. Dressed in my red and blue striped hat (the one Rick picked out for me to wear so he could pick me out of the crowd), I was suddenly whisked us over to some of the best seats in the house by his brother who had met up the a woman he knew! I kept thinking that I couldn't believe how close we were.After his group performed they started to march closer to us and before I knew it Rick was in front of me (satin white jump suit and big black wig!) on one knee. The TV cameras were all around us and all I remember him saying was (since I was in shock), "I know you thought today was about me...but its really about you and US. "It was a moment I will never forget as long as I live. I couldn't be happier.
And, of course I said yes...

1 comment:

  1. cuuuuuuuuute story! welcome to the blog world :) and that is so exciting you're down to 100 days! Congrats :)

    GUSSY

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my "experience" of the day! I love getting comments frome everyone! xo